Did you know that.
- on August 1, 2008, both gift tax and inheritance tax had been abolished [in Austria]?
- the notary can carry out property acquisition tax assessments for contracts on his/her own via "Finanz-Online" [Austrian on-line tax filing system]?
- cash payments from notary escrow accounts are not permissible?
- every year thousands of invalid wills are resulting in a shift of assets which the deceased person never wanted?
- that illegitimate children are treated equally to legitimate children since 1991?
- that the mandatory inheritance part for children, with whom there never was any contact, could be cut in half?
- that notaries are mandated by law to keep in mind the interests of both parties to the contract?
- that purchase contracts between spouses have to be recorded in a notarial act?